Teaching Adults to Read – Homework, Understand your student’s preferences.
When you discuss homework assignments there are many things to consider. Be sure to ask your student about their own preferences.
Here are seven questions to discuss with your student:
1. Is your student a “day person” or a “night person?”
2. Does your student feel most comfortable studying at a desk, table, chair or sofa?
3. Does your student like to study alone, or with someone else?
4. Does your student prefer things to be totally quiet or like some background music or noise while reading and writing?
5. What about light and temperature? In what room does your student prefer?
6. Would eating or drinking something while studying help?
7. Is your student a visual, auditory, or tactile learner? Try to consider this in the homework you assign.